Saturday, February 16, 2013

Mr Bean visits Hacienda Venecia

My mornings back home always start with coffee. I like the coffee and like the coffee cafe scene. But I never really understood where the coffee comes from, how it is grown and the finesse required to produce the ultimate bean.

Juan Pablo Echeverri is the owner/manager of Venecia. He's a lover of life, Colombia and coffee and a great ambassador for his country and the coffee industry. We saw the baby coffee plants in the nursery, tasted the sweet pulp of the squashed beans and toured the factory and met the staff.

I also got a case of caffeine overdose drinking about eight cupos of the best coffee I've tasted in a while. 

But what was most interesting was how laid back and stress free ALL the staff are compared to Aussies. Colombians love life and take a relaxed attitude to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment